Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Post!! How Exciting!!

Hi!! Thank you for reading my blog!!

My name is Kathy and I live in West Virginia. I moved here from New Jersey in 1998 and haven't looked back. I basically grew up in New Jersey and thought I would live there for the rest of my life, but after I met my future husband, and he brought me to WV for a few weekends at his mom's house, I fell in love with the state and knew that I didn't want to live in NJ anymore. So I packed up what I owned and moved to his mom's house, where I lived alone for 2 months before my future hubby moved down. His mom lived in New York at the time and told me that I could stay at her home in WV. So, I lived out in the middle of nowhere all by myself. To this day, I'm amazed that I was able to do it.

And now, here I am, 11 years later. We got married and we now have 2 daughters, who make us laugh every single day. They are 9 and 8 years old, and there is never a dull moment with them around.

My husband became saved in 2004 and rededicated his life to Jesus on May 17, 2009. I became saved on May 17, 2009 and am preparing to be baptized. We have been meeting with our pastor for lessons. Pastor Jim is a wonderful pastor. He is totally committed in his faith.

We go to a Baptist Church. I grew up as a Catholic, and for the past 15 years or so, I didn't go to church. My husband never went to church as a boy or young adult.

Together, and separately, we are growing in our faith. In my future blog posts, I hope to explain more about myself and how I was, and how it led me to be where I'm at today. I also would like to tell about my journey in being led to Jesus and becoming saved.

I hope that in telling about my experiences and my salvation, I can lead someone else to Jesus.

Until next time,

Stay close to Jesus!!

~Kathy~

2 comments:

  1. How funny I moved from WV and now live about 15 mins. from NJ. Isn't WV a great state. The people are so much friendlier than here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for your comment! WV is a wonderful state, and I agree, people are so much nicer down here.

    ~Kathy~

    ReplyDelete