Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Was Lost and Now I'm Found

This was my response to an email that was sent to me by a friend, asking about my salvation. I hope that somehow, my words in this post will inspire those who are lost, who feel that there is no hope, who feel alone. I know that no one is ever alone, that God is always with you.

I hope that this post inspires others to invite Jesus into their hearts.



It took my husband losing his job last January to see that Jesus is always with us. Jeff was laid off right after New Year's, and strangely enough, we weren't too worried. We put our worries and faith in the Lord, and just 3 weeks later, Jeff was rehired at his previous job. Both of us also began to turn to the Bible more often to help us with decisions. I began to understand some of the scriptures. Just to let you know, I was baptized as a baby and raised a Catholic, and we always had a Bible in our home, but I don't remember my parents ever opening it up to read it or to teach me from it.



When Jeff used to go to church with an elderly friend of ours, I attended a couple of times, but I was always of the thinking that you didn't need to attend church to believe in God. Now I think differently!I started attending again in April, and then, after a couple of Sundays staying home because our older daughter was sick, I attended with the family on May 17. When Pastor Jim was preaching his sermon, he stated that he hoped that anyone needing salvation would come up. I kept hearing the word "she" and I felt that he was talking directly to me. Jeff and the girls didn't hear it, so I truly think it was the Lord pushing me to get up there.



Jeff had decided to go up and rededicate his life to Jesus, and when he started walking up, I found myself following him and Pastor Jim rushed right over to me and prayed with me. Right then and there, I accepted Jesus as my Savior.It was a glorious day!! I realized that God has always watched over me and the family.


God Bless!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story Kathy!! God is good, no matter what the circumstance is. He often has a plan that we can't see. Good for you for staying strong and reaching out to Him in your time of need!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time. We just have to trust him and build our faith.

    GOd's Blessings to you and your family in abundance.

    ReplyDelete