Thursday, September 17, 2009

I woke up with a slightly stiff neck, but other than that, I feel okay. I'll be waking the girls up for school in a few minutes. I pray that they don't have any stiffness or delayed pain. I know it can sometimes take a few days for injuries to make themselves known.

It's sinking in now, and I pray that this accident will not affect the girls emotionally or mentally. We got a rental from Enterprise. They didn't have any cars available, all they had was a Silverado. That that is huge!! When they get a car in, they'll switch us out over to the car. In the meantime, hubby will drive me if I need to go anywhere. That truck is too huge for me to drive. Mainly, we just needed the vehicle so he can get to work.

We went to Walmart after church last night, and both the girls and I were nervous about being in the vehicle. Each time it looked like a car might cut us off or get too close, we panicked.
I've been in a couple of accidents before, but nothing this bad, and this is the first accident involving the girls. I keep thinking now of the terror that they felt while this accident was occuring.

I also have some regrets...not hugging my girls right away as soon as we got out of the car, letting my Jersey Girl attitude show and yelling at the other driver. I did apologize to her moments later, and she accepted and said she understood. But I still regret that.

I also have disappointment...disappointment that there were a bunch of people standing around, gawking at the car and at us, and besides the other driver, only one person asked if we were okay. No one offered to help. A bunch of them were workers for a landscape company who had stopped at the gas station to fill up their equipment and get their morning drinks and breakfast. There were no Good Samaritans to be found yesterday morning.

Thank God that my husband was able to borrow our neighbor's vehicle and get down there. I felt so alone and scared, and felt much better after he got there. He took about 40 pictures of the car for insurance purposes, and I have them posted on my facebook. Considering what happened, and looking at the pictures now, the car doesn't look as bad as I originally thought. Most of the damage is in the front right quarter panel.

Most important, though, we are alive. If my car had been going faster and hit that pump harder, it could have been a catastrophe. God was truly with us, Amen!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment