Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day Of School....Pay Attention

Today's the 1st day of school in our area. CHILDREN walking or riding bikes to school, and taking the bus. DRIVE RESPONSIBLY!! No YAKKING or TEXTING on your CELL PHONE while DRIVING!! Pay attention driving thru SCHOOL ZONES!! Don't think that you're the exception to the rule. PAY ATTENTION!!!

Driving and talking/texting on a cell phone are major pet peeves of mine. When I worked at State Farm, I saw quite a few accident claims involving talking on cell phones and not paying attention.

And I don't know how many times I've seen people swerving just in my own neighborhood, because they're talking on a cell phone.

I know that I'm one of those people who can't talk on a phone and drive at the same time. I've tried in the past, when my hubby would call me, and I totally got distracted. I couldn't remember driving certain routes while I was on the phone with him. He still will call me while I'm out running errands, but he knows that if I'm driving, I will NOT answer that phone. I'll just call him back after I reach my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment