Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bittersweet 1st Day of School

I just saw the girls off from the bus stop. Why is it that the 1st day of school is always a bittersweet day? You want to see them succeed and become independent and you're always proud of their achievements, but yet, on the 1st day, deep down they're still your babies and some part of you wants them to stay your babies and not have to face this big cruel world.

Walking home from the bus stop, I felt, for a second, the familiar feeling of wanting to cry. Of course, it will never be as bittersweet as the day my girls each started kindergarten. With my older daughter, I spent the whole morning crying, even while I was at work. With my younger daughter, I adjusted a little better, but it was still hard to send my baby off.

I know that our daughters are technically "loaned to us" from God, and it's our responsibility to raise them to be God-fearing, God-loving Christians who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, but deep down, they're still our babies.

I pray that their first day of school goes well and will be a great start for the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment