Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Church Mascot~~A symbol of Peace


Hello to my brothers and sisters!! It's been quite a while since I posted. I do want to post about my baptism and will do so later. But for now, I wanted to post this picture. This is a mourning dove that built her nest right outside our pastor's office door at our church. We took this picture yesterday after Wednesday evening Bible study. I don't know if anyone has named this dove, but I have personally named her Faith, after the name of our church, and to remind others to have faith in our Lord Savior Jesus Christ. Remember that when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, a dove appeared.





There are at least twenty references to doves in the Word of God:

The first mention of the Dove is in Genesis 8:8-13 when Noah released her from the ark. She was released three times, but came back two times because she “found no rest for the sole of her foot.”
They do not eat carrion as the raven does. Most are ground feeders and she had nowhere to feed that was dry. The second time she came back with an olive leaf, and then never returned the last time.

(Genesis 15:9, Leviticus 5:7 and 12:6-8, Luke 2:22-24) all refer the Dove and Turtle dove being used for sacrifices.

David was distressed and wrote “…Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. (Psalms 55:6 KJV)

Isaiah 38:14 says, “I did mourn as a dove…”
We have a Mourning Dove.The Lord used the dove when he told His Apostles, “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” (Matt.10:16)

The dove became a symbol of The Holy Spirit at Jesus’ Baptism (Mat 3:16; Luk 3:22; John 1:32).


Enjoy!!!


Have a Blessed Day in Jesus' name!!
Bizzy





1 comment: